Memorial Day is here! It happily marks the long awaited beginning of summer for most of us. That means…picnic time! This easy recipe is great to bring along to any gathering or picnic (and takes barely any prep time).
This refreshing salad is a great way to add hempseeds into your diet rotation, which are a great source of plant protein and essential omega fatty acids, into your diet. Toss this right before you head out, for maximum freshness.
Beauty Detox Secret: Parsley is rich in the beauty Vitamins A and C, folic acid, and has flavonoids that act as antioxidants- to help keep us youthful. Parsley contains iron, and its vitamin C content assists the absorption of iron. It is a blood purifier and helps to kill bacteria in the body. Parsley is an excellent digestion restorative remedy, and is known to be a natural diuretic.
Beauty Detox Secret : Hempseeds are 33% easily digestible plant protein, and 3 tbs. serves up a whopping 11 grams of protein. They are loaded with the perfect ratio of Omega 3 fats, and the beauty minerals magnesium, zinc, iron and phosphorus to boost your beauty.
Serves: 2 (you can double or triple, etc. recipe for larger groups)
Happy Memorial Day! Love and best, Kimberly
- 1 huge bunch of either curly parsley or Italian flat parsley, or 2 smaller bunches
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 organic tomato, diced
- 5-6 heaping Tbs. of hempseeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Dash of cold-pressed olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chop the parsley and throw it into a large bowl, along with the tomato, onion and hempseeds. In a small blender container, or whisked by hand, combine the lemon, garlic, olive oil and sea salt and blend or mix well.
- Pour over the salad and mix well, and you’re ready to go to the picnic armed with something healthy to eat and share!