Raw Red Pepper and Tomato Soup (Makes 4 servings)
This time of year in the transition between warm and cooler weather, I find that my skin needs extra support in looking bright and fresh. This easy raw soup recipe has a lot of beautifying properties- namely its high content of collagen-repairing vitamin C and antioxidants like lycopene, a carotenoid found in tomatoes.
It’s great to make a batch and bring to work for an afternoon delight or post workout snack, instead of reaching for something heavy or salty. I like to eat it with a few gluten-free crackers or whole dulse leaves (a chewy sea vegetable) sprinkled on top. Give it a go!
- 1 organic red pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 3 medium-sized, organic vine-ripened tomatoes
- ½ organic celery stalk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp. high quality sea salt
- 1 very small garlic clove
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Blend everything until smooth and serve. If you'd like to warm it gently, blend it for longer or warm it over the stove on the lowest temperature, but don't bring to a boil or overheat.