Quinoa, Avocado, and Corn Salad (Makes about 6+ servings)
With Labor Day around the corner, I thought it would be awesome to supply you with a yummy and super healthy dish that is also easy to pack.
The only pre-prep with this dish is to be sure to soak the quinoa overnight. Then just finalize the rest of the recipe in the morning or early afternoon. It tastes great at room temp, so it’s perfect to bring to the barbeque, pool party, park or beach!
Pair with a leafy green salad, and you have a complete meal. It’s ALWAYS a great idea to bring a healthy dish to an event to share. That way you can stay on track and it’s a non-threatening way to share with family and friendly on how you like to eat now to feel your best. Who knows, maybe you’ll make some brand-new quinoa lovers!
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
- 1 Tbs. brown rice vinegar
Pre-prep: Be sure to soak the quinoa overnight in water and rinse well before using.
1. In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to the side in a bowl.
2. Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth in a blender, or simply add them to a bowl and whisk well with a fork.
3. Shave the kernels of raw corn right off the cob with a large knife, and add to the quinoa along with the avocadoes and chopped onion. Mix well.
4. Pour the dressing on top of the mixture and mix well again. Enjoy this yummy dish with relish!