Kale is an incredible beauty superfood that is one of my personal favorites. It is packed with phytochemicals, fiber and chloropyll, a major blood builder. The cleaner the blood the more beautiful we are.
Instead of cooking it, it can be tenderized with lemon and other dressing ingredients and made into a salad. I eat this hearty, delicious salad for part of dinner at least several nights a week. This incredible salad provides a substantial mix of protein-building amino acids, enzymes, minerals (including important ones found in sea vegetables), and antioxidants.
- 1 head of Lacinato (dinosaur) kale is best, but curly kale works also
- 2 handfuls of sprouts- any kind you like. I like Sunflower sprouts and Clover sprouts best.
- 1 cup of sliced sundried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh dill, chopped (optional, but I love the taste it adds to this salad!)
- 2-3 Tbs. lemon juice (Meyer lemons when available)
- 2-4 Tbs. of nutritional yeast
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbs. of dulse flakes or dulse strips (optional)
- Coarse Celtic sea salt
- 1 Tbs olive oil (optional)
- Optional for serving:
- Untoasted nori wrappers
- Take the Kale stems, one-by-one, and strip the leaves off the thick spine stem by hand. Once you have gotten the leaves off, add a pinch of Celtic sea salt to them and shred with your hands to break up the Kale, tearing it into little pieces for easy digestion. Using your hands really helps break down the kale, which is important to digest it well.
- Add the dressing ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the sprouts, tomatoes, dill and avocados and mix well again. Feel free to add other raw veggies that you love. Cut the nori wrappers into halves or quarters and scoop the salad into them, like mini wraps. Delicious!