This simple dish is all about getting back to basics, and relying on the flavors of fresh, natural plant food. Avocado, tomato and basil are an amazing combination from Mother Nature, that is so delectable
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato or 2 small plum tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
- ½ Tbs of olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Celtic sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Cut the tomato into thin slices, and arrange over a plate.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise using a large, sharp knife, and twist the halves to separate them. Lift out the pit with the knife and spoon out each half from the peel.
- Carefully slice the avocado into strips.
- Place avocado slices on top of the tomato, and sprinkle the basil leaves over the top.
- Add the olive oil and seasonings to taste. If you feel you don’t need the olive oil or salt, leave them out! I often do. The perfect bite would include avocado, basil and tomato all together.