Ingredients (Makes 6-8 servings)
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil or vegetable broth
- 3 celery stalks, cubed
- 2-3 full carrots, cubed
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- ½- 1 Tbs. of Celtic or Himalayan sea salt, as needed to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Cut the acorn squash open, remove seeds and peel, and cut into cubes.
- Heat coconut oil or vegetable broth in a large cooking pot.
- Lightly sauté the garlic, then add the onion and the grated ginger.
Do not overcook! Use medium rather than high heat.
- Add salt and black pepper and stir in.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and gently cook over low heat, until they lightly start to soften.
- Add water and cover, simmering the vegetables for 30 minutes or so, or until tender.
- Pour mixture into blender and puree. Add the unsweetened almond milk.
- Add back to the cooking pot and keep on low heat.
- Serve and enjoy!