I hope you had a great weekend! I ended up going to the Rubin Museum yesterday on 17th Street, which is fantastic. It specializes in Himalayan art, and it certainly ignited some nostalgia of my travels through Nepal and Kashmir. Then, this girl I traveled with through Nepal randomly emailed me today to say hello! Thoughts really travel through the ether.
Today I had a rather lazy day. My friend came over to my apt. to cut my hair, which I love because we can hang out and I don’t have to go to a salon! I also made this easy and yummy recipe, which I wanted to share with you.
- 3 cups of chopped cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts
- 1 Tbs. cold pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbs. cold filtered water
- ¾ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- ½ of a small clove of garlic, chopped
- black pepper, to top
- Blend all ingredients until the mixture become smooth and fluffy, like real mashed potatoes, (but without all the milk and butter!). Be sure the garlic is mixed well throughout, so you don’t end up with a really garlicy bite! I like to garnish the black pepper on top, so it looks pretty and has that flavor. It really has the consistency and a similar taste to mashed potatoes, in case you were looking for a healthy replacement.
I like to pair this with salads and veggies. And you can even add a layer to my sweet potato shepherds pie, delicious!
See you here soon. Have a great beginning of the week! Love, Kimberly