This morning I shot a Stylefile segment for Good Day LA. They wanted a smoothie of sorts, so I created this recipe right before shooting (as in half an hour before ). Sylefile segments are not live, so there were plenty of cutaway shots, holding the ingredients in my hands a few times, pouring and repouring ingredients, etc.
It is great to have this time of year, since all our skin is a bit dried out from the harsh winter climate. Even here in LA, that does NOT get snow, the climate is really dry right now.
This smoothie is quite yummy. Another mouth watering dish, the perfect pair to this smoothie is my sweet potato shepherds pie. Check it out!
- ½ frozen Acai smoothie packet: I like the Sambazon brand. Found frozen in the freezer section of health stores like Wholefoods. Loaded with antioxidants and Omega fatty acids that plump and nourish the skin, as well as fiber.
- 1 ½ cups of coconut water: Our skin can’t be plumped up if it is not hydrated! Coconut water is one of the best hydrators because it has the same electrolyte balance as human blood. Some countries even use it for plasma transfusions. It is also full of potassium, which facilitates cellular cleansing.
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk: Adds a nice creamy texture to the smoothie.
- ½ avocado: Raw beauty fat that digests easily, and is full of beauty minerals and fiber.
- 1 tsp. coconut oil/butter: Medium chain fatty acids that are easily metabolized by the liver and also nourish our skin. Contains a high content of Lauric Acid, which can help us burn stored body fat.
- Blend and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!! Also, I’ve been really slammed in LA, and practically every second of my schedule has been accounted (and pulled) for. I apologize for the delay in answering comments and emails, but thanks for the patience and I will get back to you soon!
See you back here soon.