Okay, so I’m pretty obsessed with my tabouleh salad right now- and I think once you make it and try it, you will be too!
It is delicious, fresh, super easy to make, and packed with health and beauty benefits.
PARSLEY: This herb has so many health benefits. I try to throw it into my green smoothies every day, and this dish is another way to incorporate it easily into your diet. Parsley is rich in the beauty Vitamins A and C, folic acid, and has flavonoids that act as antioxidants- which put the kabash on free radicals creating damage to the cells.
Parsley is also very high in iron, and the high vitamin C content assists the absorption of iron. It is a blood purifier and helps to kill bacteria in the body. Parsley is an excellent digestion restorative remedy. It improves the digestion of proteins and fats, and because of its high enzyme content, parsley benefits digestive activity and elimination. It also helps cleanse the liver of toxins and rejuvenates it.
If that weren’t enough, parsley is also high in Vitamin K, chlorophyll and essential fatty acids- and helps balance hormones in us women! Now I bet you think of parsley as more than that a dinky garnish you push to the side of your plate with the edge of your fork!
HEMPSEEDS: (One of my favorite seeds) Hempseeds are 33% easily digestible plant protein, and 3 tbs. serves up a whopping 11 grams of protein! Loaded with Omega 3 fats, and the beauty minerals magnesium, zinc, iron and phosphorus, these little seeds are perfect little gifts of nutrition from nature. These are NOT of the same strain as the um, smoking kind of hemp, which contain THC. So don’t worry, you won’t get high from them (only a natural high from the amazing flow of nutrition!), they are legal…and they WILL help your skin and hair will look gorgeous.
LEMON: Lemons are amazing cleansers included in a water cleanse and should be included regularly in your diet. Lemons contain hundreds of enzymes and are one of the most restorative foods for the live. So here is yet another way to get more lemon into the diet- what a Godsend.
(And finally…) The Recipe!
- 1 huge bunch of either curly parsley or Italian flat parsley, or 2 smaller bunches
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 organic tomato, diced
- 5 heaping Tbs. of hempseeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of first cold-pressed olive oil
- High quality sea salt, to taste
- Chop the parsley and throw it into a large bowl, along with the tomato, onion and hempseeds. In a blender, combine the lemon, garlic, olive oil and sea salt and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Pour over the salad and mix well, and you’re ready to go!!
- ** Note: If you cut up an avocado on the side to eat with this salad, the way I do sometimes, this would make a wonderful, filling, and super nutritious raw lunch or dinner.
I hope you love this as much as I do. Have a beautiful rest of your week!