Here are a 5 easy changes to bring in the New Year- and keep them forever! My approach to food and nutrition is not about “diet” versions of things, fad diets, deprivation or counting calories/carb grams. It’s about eating the best food, in abundance, and feeling and looking your best. The food you eat has the ability to make you glow, feel great, look beautiful and effortlessly maintain your weight.
Yay! I can’t wait for you to feel and look your best! These are some tips I live by.
1. Makes salads the base of your meals that you build around- not a protein. For instance, check out the Kale Salad and the Saturaday Salad. There is so much easily digestible, easily assimilated proteins, readily available amino acids, and good and beautifying fats in these hearty salads. Greens are full of chlorophyll, minerals and are very alkalizing. So shift your mentally completely that salads are the “side dish” to fish, chicken, etc. Salads are it!!!
2. Don’t substitute wheat bread for white bread. The lesser of 2 evils. Have sprouted bread, sparingly (Ezekial brand, Shiloh farms, etc.- look for “sprouted” on the label). These breads are much more enzymatically active, and will digest much easier! Wheat is a huge food allergy (after dairy) that most people have a hard time digesting. Read: Makes you hold on to weight.
3. Have at least the juice of one full lemon every day. Squeeze lemons on salads, in water, on food. Lemons thin the bile and support the rebuilding of liver tissue- so will help detoxify us and help optimize our fat-burning processes. I am constantly squeezing lemons and have 2+ a day.
4. Time to give up the fizzy poison: Diet Coke. Your skin will never be happier, and YOU will never be happier b/c you can start to drop toxins and those few pesky spare pounds since Diet Coke is full of high glycemic fake sugars. (See my blog “The Diet that Makes You Fat). And yes, Splenda is bad!!!!
5. Make a resolution to have a green smoothie (See My Glowing Green Smoothie recipe) every day. Okay, that may be a lot for you- start with at least two a week- surely you can make time for a little blending on the weekends. The more you have them, the constitution of your body will shift and you will have more energy, drop weight, get a ton of energyzing nutrients, and become more beautifully alkaline. It is worth the effort.
May all your goals and dreams come true this year.
All my best,